[CSS21] process question

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:57:07 -0600
To: <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
I'm working on the CSS Print test suite.

fyi, there are a couple of things about these tests that depart a bit
from the current authoring guidelines (example attached):
    1.  The tests contain headers marking their beginning and end when
possible.  This is for the tester's convenience.  Especially when
printing multiple tests with multiple pages back-to-back, it's important
to easily ascertain where one test ends and the next begins.
    2.  The tests contain a "Test Purpose" statement and import a
"support/test.css" stylesheet.  It is expected that these tests will be
utilized in environments where a statement of test purpose is required.
The test.css stylesheet can set display to none for this content in the
default case.

Question 1:
Should I design the begin and end headers to not display unless printed?
Or are they ok as is?

Question 2:
CSS Print specifies that "a conforming user agent will support the
features defined in this specification following the CSS 2.1 conformance
clause ([CSS21 <http://www.w3.org/TR/css-print/#ref-css21> ] Section
3.2)".

Section 3.2#1 states: "It must recognize one or more of the CSS 2.1
media types <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/media.html> ."

I didn't find an existing test for this, so I created one and named it
t0302-media-01-b.htm (attached).

When I get to Section 7.2.1, I find the testable assertion: "The @media
construct allows style sheet rules for various media in the same style
sheet:"

The test already created to test 3.2#1 is also an appropriate test for
the above statement in 7.2.1.
    1.  Create a duplicate test with a new name. (Yuck)
    2.  Add the 7.2.1 assertion to the test purpose and an additional
'help' link to 7.2.1 to the existing test; leave the name as-is and
point to it from the 7.2.1 assertion in the testable assertions list.
    3.  Create a different test for 7.2.1.
    4.  ???

To try to generalize the question a bit, when one test case covers 2 or
more testable assertions, what process recommendations should be
followed?

Thanks,

Melinda

  _____