Re: Media Queries Test Suite Generator

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:59:57 +1100
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

Bert Bos wrote:
> On Sunday 20 November 2005 04:29, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> http://lachy.id.au/dev/css/tests/css3-mediaqueries/special/generator
>
> The tests include
>
>     ... and (width) {...}
>
> which is fine, but they also include
>
>     ... and (max-width) {...}
>
> The former is defined, it means the same as '(min-width: 1)', but the
> latter is not legal, because 'max-width' isn't a media feature.

I've fixed this for now, though, I too would like to see this clarified
in the spec.

> And some feature requests:
>
> The tests don't test the keywords 'not' and 'only, e.g.:
>
>     @media not screen {...}
>     @media not screen and (monochrome) {...}
>     @media only screen {...]

That should be easy to do when I have time.

> They also don't test the comma (,):
>
>     @media ignore-this, screen {...}
>     @media screen, print {...}
>     @media screen and (min-width: 61), screen and (max-width: 59) {...}

Seems a little harder given my current implementation, but still
possible.  Perhaps these kind of tests would be best generated with a
separate script, but I'll see how I go.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/