[CSS21] Border Conflict Resolution Tests for Step 4

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 00:47:23 +1000
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

Hi,
   I've created the final set of conflict resolution tests – only 45
this time.  These are designed specifically to test step 4.

For every combination of 'table' with colgroup, col, rowgroups, row and
cell, it tests that steps 1, 2 and 3 are performed first, and that step
4 is correct.

For every other combination of:

* colgroup with each of col, rowgroups, row and cell;
* col with rowgroups, row and cell;
* rowgroups with row and cell; and finally
* row with cell,

It just test that step 4 is performed correctly.  inlne-table is not
included in these tests.  I don't know if that's necessary, but if you
think it is I can easily replicate the 'table' tests for 'inline-table'.

There turned out to be quite a few bugs in browsers with this set;
particularly Opera with column and column group borders.  There were
even a few suprises with Mozilla.

[1] http://www.lachy.id.au/dev/css/tests/css21/20050705/
     (tarball included in directory)

--