Re: CSS Selectors test 146a/b

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 23:37:46 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

On Saturday 02 July 2005 16:58, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> > I was debugging these tests to figure out why they failed in Konqueror
> > when I discovered they used :nth-child(3n-1). According to CSS Selectors
> > the b value cannot be negative, so it should be corrected to
> >
> > :nth-child(3n+2).
>
> Why can't b be negative?

Because the syntax is "an+b" with comments on special cases of a=0, b=0 and
negative a, but no mention of a special case of negative b. So if b was
negative and the syntax was maintained it would be "an+-b".

Besides the negative values of b are redundant, so I expect the exclusion of
them to be deliberate.

` Allan