Re: Minor spelling

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:46:20 +0000 (UTC)
To: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, public-css-testsuite@w3.org

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Michael Day wrote:

> > This is contrary to some of the CSS test suite philosophy, which is to
> > not test the things that are not being tested.  And given that GIF
> > support is more prevalent than PNG support, of the two, GIFs should be
> > preferred.
>
> Hmm, the test suite currently has around 60 PNG files and about 6 GIF
> files; would you prefer to change them all to GIF?
>
> (Doesn't bother me personally, it just seemed weird having a couple of
> lone GIF files in a sea of PNGs).

Personally I don't really care; we could even make two copies of the test
suite if it is a problem (one with GIF and one with PNG). But I'd rather
just use one format, and PNG is easiest for me to deal with so it's what
I'll be using as the source format in any case.

The six GIFs were GIFs for historical reasons (I originally made them some
5 years ago when I was writing tests at University).