Re: Minor spelling

From: Justin Wood (Callek) <116057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:45:37 -0500
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>, public-css-testsuite@w3.org

Tantek Çelik wrote:

>On 11/21/04 3:58 AM, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Michael Day wrote:
>>

>>>Would it be possible to replace the GIF images used for the yin/yang
>>>symbol with PNG images, given that the tests that use it (float tests)
>>>are not testing GIF support?
>>>

>>Well, they're not testing PNG support either, but sure.
>>
>>I've converted all the GIFs to PNGs. This will probably cause IE6 to fail
>>on a couple more tests.
>>

>This is contrary to some of the CSS test suite philosophy, which is to not
>test the things that are not being tested.  And given that GIF support is
>more prevalent than PNG support, of the two, GIFs should be preferred.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tantek

Tantek,
    In that case I would propose and request that a version of the same
test be released both with PNG and GIF versions, with a note that EITHER
version's success will "PASS"...

    Yes GIF is more prevelant but current Copyright issues prevent some
UA's from supporting GIF at all.

~Justin Wood (Callek on moznet IRC)