Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline][css-box-3] Define "line box" and "inline(-level) box" somewhere

<https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#line-box> and inline
> box/inline-level box
<https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#inline-boxes> have not been
repeated as formal definitions in
> any of the CSS level 3 text layout specs.
>
> I'm not sure whether the intention is to place all the definitive
definition for them in Basic Box Model 3
> <https://drafts.csswg.org/css-box-3/>, but for "line box" in
particular, the current rough & outdated draft points to CSS Text
> 3, which no longer defines the term. CSS Inline 3
<http://www.w3.org/TR/css-inline-3/> would seem to be a logical place
for
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-linebox from an ancient draft spec
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-linebox-20020515/#LineBox> --
but it never defines its terms.

Yeah, this would definitely go in CSS Inline once we draft up the
relevant prose. However, that hasn't been done yet. Is there
a problem with referencing CSS2.1?

Note that inline box and inline-level box are defined in CSS Display.

~fantasai

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/363#issuecomment-236974166
using your GitHub account