Re: updates to tomorrow's agenda

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, 17:19 Liam R. E. Quin, <liam@w3.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-07-25 at 11:13 -0700, Dan Brickley wrote:
> > Domain names seem often mentioned as an
> > example,
>
> Very minor note: domains like "facebook.com" are rather large, and
> where organizations have there official Web presence be a facebook page
> a single domain isn't uniformly credible... and even relatively trusted
> news organizations often have a mix of their own content with user-
> supplied articles/opinion pieces/blogs and native advertising[1].

I share your concern. It's much easier to acquire an old domain name than
e.g. an old newspaper, although obviously latter possible if you have the
resources. Still, knowing that eg online articles come from the newsroom of
an in-some-sense-real-and-established newspaper seems worth pursuing

Dan

Liam