Re: Proof flavours in Verifiable Credentials

In the Aries protocols, we've included some capabilities in support of that
use case:

1. There is the possibility of negotiation in the issuing process between
the issuer and the holder on that cover (amongst other things) the format
(flavour) of the credential. There are "proposal" (from holder) and "offer"
(from issuer) messages that enables such back-and-forth.
2. There is likewise negotiation between the verifier and the holder/prover.
3. The issue credential messages are defined with the credential details in
arrays of attachments so that (a) the details of the credential formatted
can be abstracted away from the exchange/messaging mechanism via
attachments, and (b) multiple credential formats can be issued for the same
logical credential (the array).

Note that while that is the theory and intention, I'm not aware of any
implementations that have taken advantage of that capability. Right now,
production Aries use cases all (AFAIK) use Indy ZKP credentials.

--

Stephen Curran
Principal, Cloud Compass Computing, Inc. (C3I)

*Schedule a Meeting: **https://calendly.com/swcurran
<https://calendly.com/swcurran>*