From: williamc@itr8.com <williamc@itr8.com> On Behalf Of Bill Claxton, Founder & Operations Director of NextID
Sent: September 19, 2019 5:29 AM
To: sethishivam27@gmail.com
Cc: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: Regarding Changing ownership

Sethi,

Technically I suppose a DID may be assigned to a laptop, but you made me go back and read the spec.  "In a decentralized identity system, entities (in the sense of discrete identifiable units such as — but not limited to — people, organizations, and things) are free to use any shared root of trust."  To me it seems weird that a laptop can be a DID subject, as it is not free to do anything much less share a root of trust.

I don't believe DIDs are intended to capture ownership information.

Regards, Bill Claxton (williamc@nextid.com<mailto:williamc@nextid.com>)
LinkedIn, Facebook, Telegram, Slack, Skype, Twitter or Gmail: wmclaxton
SG Voice, Text or Whatsapp: +65-9012-4327
US Voice, Text or Voicemail: +1-415-797-7348