Re: Regarding Revocation of Keys

The spec says that a key that disappears from the DID Doc must be
considered revoked. Therefore I believe you can simply replace your old key
with a new one owned by your friend.

However, I think you might be describing a somewhat odd behavior. A DID
should have an immutable subject for its entire lifetime. If this is the
DID of an IOT device that is being sold, then it makes sense--but I think
you would not transfer a DID for a person in this way. Instead, you would
require your friend to use a new DID.