Re: Proof purposes (was Re: Proposed work item: did:key DID Method)

I don't think there is a problem with JWT/JWS. Usually, the spec that makes
use of the keys and verification methods inside of DID Documents would then
define what sections they use for that specific purpose. For example, if I
write a spec for web-based authentication using DIDs and JWTs, then that
spec would mandate to use some verification method inside of the
`authentication` section. IMO, that is possible without JSON-LD and Linked
Data Proofs.

Oliver