Re: Report on the DID Spec call today

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> Rather, I would think that the use case for selecting a service by type
> would involve something *more* than a DID URL. The application should
> handle this. If the application is a service then it could use some
> other kind of URL like this:
>
> https://example.com?id=<DID>&service-type=xxx&preference=yyy
>
> But this is beyond the scope of DID URLs.

I too believe that service-type is another layer, and should not be part of
the fundamental DID URL spec. The DID URL spec should potentially reserve
the possibility of it by of not get in they way of allowing that layer to
function, but I don't think the DID 1.0 spec should define it.

-- Christopher Allen