RE: DIDComm work

One of the requirements for stuff to be patentable is that it has not been published. Since everything that's being done is published (on Google docs, in mails) I do not think it's a big issue. There is a very nice anecdote<https://www.iusmentis.com/patents/priorart/donaldduck/> on this.

Rieks

From: Kyle Den Hartog <kdenhar@gmail.com>
Sent: dinsdag 4 juni 2019 10:14
To: W3C Credentials CG (Public List) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: DIDComm work

Hey everyone,

I've seen that a few people signed up to attend these meetings, but there was a bit of a snag that I haven't been able to resolve. If this work is done outside of an organization it runs afoul of IPR protections and could allow someone to patent this work. On top of this, I haven't found a suitable place or time (most I could get were 5/12 respondents at one time) to host this call. However, I want this work to continue and plan to show up where ever needed if discussion is happening on the subject. If others who responded would like to keep track of the different places where the work is occurring as well, please reach out and I can provide more details.

Thanks,
Kyle Den Hartog
Personal Blog<https://kyledenhartog.com>