Re: Secure Data Hubs specification released

> Maybe... I'd like for that to be true, but the details matter here and
> in order for us to talk about the details, we need to have a spec (or
> specs) that we're comparing contrasting... otherwise, we don't really
> know if we're really aligned or not. That's what the whole
> standardization process is about... finding common ground and then
> documenting that in excruciating detail so that we eventually get to
> interop.

I totally agree on the value of having a spec where we can define the
common ground for all of these initiatives. I support the Secure Data Hubs
specs initiative. My reply is mainly presenting a question (and possible
alternative) to the problem of "widening the net" with regard to identifier
types, resorting to the width and extensibility of DIDs (by assuming the
right DID methods, crypto key pairs can still be used as DIDs. Are there
any other known cases where DIDs might be too restrictive for what is
expected from Data Hubs?)... Just trying to reach common ground between
your stated need for flexibility and Daniel's request on aligning with
DIDComm.

That sounds intriguing... but vague. :) -- Do you mean methods like
> did:web? Or were you thinking something else? I'd certainly appreciate
> you going into more detail about this on a CCG call where we discuss how
> we can align on these approaches.

I didn't refer to any DID method in particular, I'm just questioning the
need to widen the net for data hubs with regard to identifiers when most of
the efforts to develop agent functionality seem to be working on the basis
of DIDs and the DID layer in itself is already "widening" on this regard
(this surely includes ideas like did:web, did:peer and others to come)...
You're completely right in that my input is a bit "vague". I'm not offering
concrete proposals in terms of specs, just trying to get feedback from
those more involved in order to understand where the community is at while
sharing my views if possibly relevant. Regrettably it's a bit inconvenient
for me to attend the calls at the time due to timezone differences (located
in Asia). I will still do my best to keep up-to-date and contribute
whenever possible.

Thanks for the feedback. :)