From: Stephen Curran <swcurran@cloudcompass.ca>
Sent: January 23, 2019 11:05 AM
To: Michael Herman (Parallelspace) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Cc: Tim Bouma <trbouma@gmail.com>; Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>; Emmanuel Forche <forchee@hastlabs.com>; Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>; Daniel Hardman <daniel.hardman@evernym.com>; Joe Andrieu <joe@legreq.com>; Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>; Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>
Subject: Re: what do DIDs identify?

IMHO This statement is not correct "A DID (a decentralized identifier) doesn’t, by itself, have any of these capabilities and can’t have any of these capabilities."  If it doesn't have the referenced capabilities it's at most a UUID (or a string), not a DID and wouldn't be called a DID. It's unnecessary to add a modifier to the term DID to imply those capabilities.

Stephen Curran
Principal, Cloud Compass Computing, Inc.
P // 250-857-1096<tel:250-857-1096>
W // https://www.cloudcompass.ca

[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/scurranC3I>