From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Sent: January 1, 2019 9:27 AM
To: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: Ideas about DID explanation

On 12/31/18 5:10 PM, Moses Ma wrote:
> So our goal should not to be to solve the entire problem, but make it
> possible for systems relying on DIDs to implement potential
> countermeasures to not only coercion, but ransomware and phishing as
> well.

+1 -- sounds like a really interesting RWoT paper followed by subsequent
work in the CCG for recommended anti-coercion best practices.

It also feels like something we might want to get into the Verifiable Credentials spec before we freeze it in the next month or so... perhaps in the Security section (noting the concern of coercion and the use of alternate passcodes -- yes, we can't talk about protocol, but we can talk about the sorts of systems we expect to use the technology in an non-normative way).

Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny) Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Veres One Decentralized Identifier Blockchain Launches https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches