Re: DID identifiers have a dependency on w3id.org

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 15:14, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 2/25/19 8:58 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > It is a bit strange tho.  Because the spec says you MUST use that
> > URL. Yet, actually the final spec wont use it at all.  Perhaps some
> > kind of note there?
>
> Which "the spec" are you referring to?
>
> The WoT specs are not yet in CR and have not yet had external review.
> Give them some time, we're working through a number of JSON-LD related
> details there.

From my original post, not sure how well cut and paste will work on email
-- here's trying :

"The value of this key *MUST* be the URL for the generic DID context:
https://w3id.org/did/v1"

DID method specifications *MAY* define their own JSON-LD contexts. However
it is *NOT RECOMMENDED* to define a new context unless necessary to
properly implement the method. Method-specific contexts *MUST NOT* override
the terms defined in the generic DID context.

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-spec/#context