Re: DID Method Registry - did method specs w/o specs

Thanks Manu, I'll create an issue to ensure we follow up on this.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 7:48 AM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been getting an increase in the number of requests for DID Method
> registrations w/o provisional DID Method specs over the past couple of
> months.
>
> In many cases, the DID Methods that exist in the registry that don't
> have associated specs were added by folks that noted that they would
> provide a DID Method spec within a few days/weeks (and didn't follow
> through). There are 5 such DID methods in the registry at present:
>
> https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-method-registry/
>
> In hindsight, the PRs for those 5 DID Methods should never have been
> approved.
>
> If you have a DID Method registered in the registry and don't have an
> associated DID specification, please add one now.
>
> If these methods continue to not publish preliminary DID Method
> specifications, the CCG will most likely need to consider removing them
> from the registry.

> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: Veres One Decentralized Identifier Blockchain Launches
> https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches
>
> --
Kim Hamilton Duffy
CTO & Principal Architect Learning Machine
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group

kim@learningmachine.com