Re: "there's a cred for that"

I think there are two ways to approach this:

 1. we can look for a good brandable term for VCs, or
 2. we can just use the generic term and let the marketplace find the
    noun that will become a verb

Personally, it's actually a pretty difficult task to find the perfect
term - eg, "cred" conflates with "credits" and probably won't work.It
needs to be monosyllabic and roll off the tongue. Ideally it has
multiple meanings that add synergistically into something that has meme
potential. I'm leaning toward the made up term "vert" - as in verifiable
certificate.

Moses

PS, also, I'm still hung up on "credentials vs claims". I think a
verifiable claim would have greater usage, for example attaching a
verifiable "receipt" claim to a customs declaration vs a verifiable
credential as a "trusted trader".

--

*Moses Ma | Managing Partner*

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com | moses@ngenven.com

v+1.415.568.1068 | skype mosesma | /linktr.ee/moses.tao/
<http://linktr.ee/moses.tao>

FutureLab provides strategy, ideation and technology for breakthrough
innovation and third generation blockchains.

Learn more at /www.futurelabconsulting.com/
<http://futurelabconsulting.com>. For calendar invites, please cc:
mosesma@gmail.com

Or whet your appetite by reading /Agile Innovation/
<http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Innovation-Revolutionary-Accelerate-Engagement/dp/B00SSRSZ9A>
<https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Design-Sprint-Application-Disruptive/dp/1799143864>
| my blog at /psychologytoday.com/
<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tao-innovation>.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY
REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR
BY RETURN E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THIS
EMAIL SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED BINDING; HARD COPY DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED
TO CREATE LEGALLY BINDING COMMITMENTS. FOR CALENDAR INVITES, PLEASE CC:
MOSESMA@GMAIL.COM