Re: International identity data standards?

I don't think ldap proposed or Canadian standards are at all appropriate
for international addresses. Alibaba's enlightened but not progressive
approach was to allow several thousand characters and no formatting
restrictions to allow people to write their address. A typical mailing
address in India and China is around 30 to 100 words.

The ISO has a series of standards on how the various character sets can be
transcribed to printable characters.

Google is probably the forerunner in displaying addresses, but they do
things that are hard for the rest of us to mimic. A few minutes looking at
Google maps in Africa and Bangladesh should be fairly impressive.

Is there additional progress supporting unicode-16 in ldap standards?