Re: International identity data standards?

HI Kim

Rfc4519 is the main one. There are some other ones, most of which never
got finished when I was working in the area. This is an old list that I
made at the time

RFC 2587 Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure - LDAPv2 Schema
RFC 2649 An LDAP Control and Schema for Holding Operation Signatures
Draft - Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure - Additional LDAP
Schema for PKIs and PMIs
Draft - LDAP Authentication Password Attribute
Draft - Password Policy for LDAP Directories
Draft - Policy Core Information Model - Version 1 Specification
Draft - DHCP Schema for LDAP

I have recently been working on the draft ISO standard for mobile
driving licenses, and they have defined their own set of attributes,
which include name and address amongst other things. When asked why they
weren't using existing standards such as LDAP they said it is because
driving licenses have their own rules for what is allowed in the various
fields. So it looks like getting one unified standard for common
identity attributes will be impossible.

Kind regards

David