Re: Datashards and Secure Data Hubs... how to achieve convergence?

I should add one more component. Where does Alice store the prescription
and the prescriber store her copy for her records? We know the prescriber
has a DID wallet but that may not be the preferred long-term (10+ years)
storage. Also, it would help adoption if Alice can use something she
already has for her records storage. Something like google drive or just
whatever backs up the smartphone.

Adrian

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 1:15 PM Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
wrote:

> On 2019-08-17 9:07 am, Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
> > We can then use this as the id of the object, refer to it in other
> > documents, like so:
> >
> >    {"@context": [
> >         "https://www.w3.org/2018/credentials/v1",
> >         "https://www.w3.org/2018/credentials/examples/v1"
> >        ],
> >     "type": "FulfillPrescription",
> >     "prescription":
> "idsc:0p.clfCj_4cJa24pymJDnxE-REJETxTDktJRQAAdLpZr3A.o06THIeG1jUr0S62rVQBH0gsIIcIgaoSRcF5DnPDXnI"}
> >--...snip...--
> > There's no VC vs Datashard; they're completely complementary!  (As are
> > Datashards and Secure Data Hubs.)  Here's a vision of how they can work
> > together:
>
> I think I see the usefulness of Datashards as allowing the content to
> reside anywhere -- usb sticks, whatever -- but you don't include DIDs
> in your example or explanation. Do Datashards take the place of DIDs?
> If not, could you give an example of how they would be included, like
> in the steps you gave below for VCs and Datashards?
>
> >   - Save VCs as Datashards objects.
> >   - Upload them to Secure Data Hubs.
> >   - Even though the different "chunks"/shards of the Datashards Object
> >     can be saved in various places (both archived at the pharmacy and
> >     also on your Secure Data Hub).
> >   - When you give the pharmacist the idsc: or mdsc: URI, at that point
> >     they can read the data.  Until they have that, they might even be
> >     able to "hold" the data, but they can't read it or know what it's
> >     for.
> >   - No matter whether it's being held by the pharmacist's local database
> >     or at your Secure Data Hub, there's the convenience that the
> >     Datashards URI refers to the same data in both places!
>
> Steven
>
> --

Adrian Gropper MD

PROTECT YOUR FUTURE - RESTORE Health Privacy!
HELP us fight for the right to control personal health data.
DONATE: https://patientprivacyrights.org/donate-3/