Re: What’s after DIDs?

Manu Sporny writes:

> On 7/29/19 1:35 PM, Joe Andrieu wrote:
>> TL;DR What’s after DIDs?
>
> From a technical standards perspective, these are currently pain points
> for Digital Bazaar and our customers that seem like we might be able to
> collaborate on with other developers / companies in this group:
>
> * True multi-DID interop
> * True multi-wallet/issuer/verifier interop
> * Collaboration on the Credential Handler API
> * Linked Data Proofs/Signatures (W3C WGs for these)
> * Secure Data Hubs (or, how do we make storage privacy-aware
>   and self-sovereign)

And most importantly, having a universal URI that this is based on.

I've made the case for this in Datashards:

  https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rwot9-prague/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/datashards-rationale.md

I am making a strong assertion: a secure data hub is just *one* place
you can store your datashards (or whatever).  You should also be able to
share them over a direct web capability or stick them on a usb stick.
The URIs should all work the same.

If we don't have a universal URI for it, we designed a broken system.

Bombastically,
 - Chris