Re: Prioritizing Individual Sovereignty over Interoperability

Mrinal,

Excellent point. It will be crucial to get this aspect
(expiration/staleness) right, when proposing this method.

In general, being able to tell if an object is stale (or revoked) is a
really hard problem, in distributed systems. Fortunately, there is a
handful of standard solutions to this, some combination of which would have
to be used with the did:web method. For the "eventually consistent" class
of systems, and all of the DID methods proposed so far fall under this
category, these all basically boil down to "check the expiration date" or
"consult a revocation mechanism". And most systems (including the various
blockchains and DHTs) will use a combination of those two.

Dmitri