Re: Materials from 2019-04-11 combined DID Spec and DID Resolution Spec meeting

On 15/04/2019 18:53, =Drummond Reed wrote:
> With DIDs and SSI, we are moving from an IDP model to a digital
> credential model.

whilst the above is hopefully true

> Now the root of trust is not an IDP, it is the network
> in which a DID is rooted

I dont believe the above is. Users of SSI will still need a trusted
issuer, one that the verifier trusts. And if verifiers decide to migrate
towards a mega issuer such as google, then google and facebook could
still corner the VC issuing market. Especially if today's existing
trusted issuers in the physical world don't get their act together and
start to issue VCs in the virtual world.

David