Re: Materials from 2019-04-11 combined DID Spec and DID Resolution Spec meeting

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:56 AM Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>
wrote:

> I agree one of the strengths of the DID concept is that different DID
> methods will compete for trust while still being interoperable.
>
> Unfortunately, I am not convinced that non-decentralized DIDs (Google,
> Facebook, DNS) will end up low on the list, if we decide to "allow" them.

I see that danger too. Since I don't see any way to specifically "disallow"
them, I am in favor of putting strong language in the DID spec to warns
against using DID methods that rely on a central authority who cannot
provide the same trust assurances as a decentralized network. Do others
agree?