Re: A simpler approach to DID services and content-addressing

This is already core to the syntax I'm using in the did-uri-spec.

________________________________
From: Daniel Hardman <daniel.hardman@evernym.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 8:38:15 AM
To: W3C Credentials CG
Subject: Re: A simpler approach to DID services and content-addressing

Please forgive me if this question triggers remedial tutoring.

Is there some important reason why we can't repurpose an existing convention? For example, could we just adopt the familiar syntax for query strings?

did:example:1234abcd?a=b&c=d&e=f

This has the advantage that every software stack on the planet probably already has code that can parse it, and every developer already knows it.