Re: JSON-LD vs JWT for VC

Hi Dan,

I have been following this thread for a while now. After last RWOT and especially after last IIW, I can clearly see that we should make progress in both directions: JWT and JSON-LD. As Pelle mentioned, it doesn’t make sense to refer to articles listing the pros and cons of one option over the other. We already are aware of those. It is time to make progress.

@Dan: I am very interested and I am willing to contribute on a proposal for a JWT-based VC specification as suggested by Dan Burnett. Does it make sense to organise separate calls which are only JWT-specific until we have a first draft and then bring it to the W3C CC (VC) group? In this case, I am happy to arrange these calls for all people that are interested.

If you believe separate calls do not make sense, please let me know what would be an appropriate approach.

Thanks,
Oliver