Re: JSON-LD vs JWT for VC

> On Oct 28, 2018, at 2:04 PM, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I started with building unique JSON tools which preserved property order and textual representation of elements. This worked flawlessly but I had to give it up anyway since nobody wanted to change their parser :-(

Anders,

I’d be interested in your JSON tools.  If the IETF committees don’t have the will to fix the bad practice of modifying signed content after it has been signed, a custom solution is our own path forward.  JWS isn’t viable for us.  We don’t want to create custom solutions.  We would much rather work with established standards.  But, we may have no choice in this case.  Our code would be open source.

Though, is order important?  My proposal said that the “proofValue” directly followed the “signedContent”.  But, if a JSON structure has only one “signedContent” and only one “proofValue”, is the order really important?

Kevin