Re: The Bounty License

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 3:26 PM heather vescent <heathervescent@gmail.com>
wrote:

> While I applaud this concept, it is extremely problematic, specifically in
> putting all the risk onto the content creator. Maybe that is not too much
> of a risk for a developer building code, but it is significantly different
> for a film producer.

I agree that this specific kind bounty can be problematic, as the risk is
to the creator. But it is really is very little different than for a film
producer. Both fundamentally have people time costs being the biggest
expense, both have resource rental companies and ongoing support costs
second. Both have some content creators willing to take that risk.

But this is only one kind of bounty. The other is from a patron, who offers
up front to pay X for Y. I’m sure there are other approaches as well.

Nothing is perfect, but models are emerging that are worth exploring.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]