Re: JWT credentials

Hi Christopher,

The scheme obviously only supports signing JSON "as is".
However, this is compatible with JSON-LD as well.

If you want to support LD canonicalization that is also possible but it would have to be supplied as a "crit" extension like:

{
    "Some properties to be signed":...,
     .
     .
    "__cleartext_signature" {
      "crit": ["json-ld-canonicalization"],
      "json-ld-canonicalization": {
        "algorithm": "JSON-LD Algorithm Identifier",
        "sha256hash": "h64slk97gG9Ff7gg"
      },
      .
      .
      "signature": "h5e4se3w3wfgr5566d5e5s44w4waa33a3a3a3a33q"
    }
}

Regarding the state of this work-item from a standards perspective, the question seems to be "who is your customer" which I don't have a good answer to.  The JSON and JOSE WGs have ceased their activities and the members appear to rather be targeting CBOR these days.  Personally, I don't believe there is a need for CBOR for dealing with "Information Systems".

There is an even simpler solution in the workings: https://github.com/cyberphone/jws-jcs#combining-detached-jws-with-jcs-json-canonicalization-scheme
on-line demo: https://mobilepki.org/jws-jcs/home

Regards,
Anders