Re: Digital Sovereignty as a unique value proposition of DIDs and a top priority candidate for common good work.

On 2018-11-19 6:59 AM, Bohdan Andriyiv wrote:
>> Moses
>> I wish we could come up with a simple catchy and clever description of the SSI value proposition. ...
>
> I usually explain value proposition of DIDs, SSI like this:
> 1. /Explain what it gives./ SSI enables your digital sovereignty.

Hmm...and putting this together with what somebody said in these
discussions recently that governments are quite happy not to have to
'prove' people's identities...then...:

In a sense issuing our own DID Doc is like issuing our own passport;
which key-pair cryptography now allows us to do.

In other words, each human being is as if becoming a separate
government, which issues one, or a series, of passports (pseudonymous
ones), each of which nonetheless represents that same original person
(or company, organization, thing, etc.)

?

Steven