Re: STRONG -1 to "authorized capabilities", and let's consider renaming costs

On 11/8/18 11:42 AM, Mark Miller wrote:
> If you mean something other than what we mean by
> "object-capabilities", by all means, *please* use a different name
> rather than dilute the meaning of "object-capabilities".

Would you be opposed to naming a specific subset of "object-capabilities"?

For example, the currently named OCAP-LD specification is a
certificate-based system that kinda sorta separates designation from
authority and is used almost purely in decentralized systems. It's still
part of the "object-capabilities" ecosystem.

So, would you be opposed to something like "Decentralized Capabilities",
which are a sub set of the broader "object-capabilities" space like what
was done for "Reference Capabilities"?

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches