Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, November 6th, 12 noon EST, 9 AM PST

Sam,

Many people outside the identity space, don't understand the problems we've
worked to solve for decades... so you have to put the problem in more than
just a technical context. I like to use Kim Cameron's quote, "The internet
was not built with an identity layer" as an opening/reminder. We tried to
solve identity in a bunch of ways - and we succeeded, but... solutions
create new problems.

Then I build on my foresight research/long term view - that all solutions
create new problems. (Unintended consequences - sometimes good/sometimes
bad). Our past solutions created the situation we are in today. (And for
any aware individuals, you'll realize the solutions we build today will
introduce *new* problems years/decades out.) This is a feature of human
development.

New technology enables new solutions to the same/longstanding problems.
Blockchain is *just one* of a suite of technologies based on standards to
solve these long standing identity, privacy and security problems in a
previously new way.

Then you can go into DIDs, DID Docs, VCs and other technical meat. Drummond
and Kaliya both have great presos with that. You can also pull from the DID
spec. John Jordan's preso is great to introduce VC in the context of a real
live project.

A few other things I'd suggest you think about
- Who is your target audience? What is their background and what are they
trying to achieve? What do you *think* they can achieve using this new tech?
- Since you have 5 minutes, it's better to tease them a bit, with the
concepts, and draw them into the community to learn more. Inspire and
provoke them, and show them the path (that you also took) to coming and
playing with us.
- You're VR/AR native, you bridge the gap between these two communities...
what excites you about this tech, community? Maybe you can lead or close
with that passion.
- And finally, what do you want to achieve in this 5 minutes....

--
Heather Vescent <http://www.heathervescent.com/>
President, The Purple Tornado, Inc <https://thepurpletornado.com/>

@heathervescent <https://twitter.com/heathervescent> | Film Futures