Re: Educational Occupational Verifiable Credentials Survey

On 2018-03-28 11:08 AM, kim@learningmachine.com wrote:
> Google Forms
>
> We've invited you to fill out a survey:
> Educational Occupational Verifiable Credentials Survey
> <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScxBQCFb5EetJd8kCmYxcR_dFtSDgBIdyeW1unV6x7HsvUObw/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link>
> Tell us what your interests are and what problems you'd like to
> address as part of the W3C CCG Task Force
> Fill out form
> <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScxBQCFb5EetJd8kCmYxcR_dFtSDgBIdyeW1unV6x7HsvUObw/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link>

Coincidentally, I read this morning (see link below) about Google's
collection of data of Google Account holders. They are *completely*
thorough. They collect everything done online using their software. I
thought I knew what they were collecting, but there is much more than
I expected:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/all-the-data-facebook-google-has-on-you-privacy

And so, there's the possibility that the answers on this survey will
be part of a permanent record that can be traced to the respondent.

Since, by some interpretations, DID and Verifiable Claims can be
viewed as diametrically opposed to Google's business model, knowing
who is against them might become important to them, even if they don't
care at the moment; they may care more later.

Are we supplying them with that information here?

I suggest that the Guardian article indicates that the default answer
must be yes, unless it can be guaranteed -- or shown beyond a
reasonable doubt -- that the respondents and their answers can't be
linked through this form.

In other words: can my MAC address or ISP address, and/or my name, be
linked to my answers here, and stored on Google servers, to be
analysed by them later?

Or not?

If "not", how do you know this?  Saying "Because Google told me so"
isn't good enough for me here. ;-)

Thanks, Steven