Re: Verifiable Credentials on DID-Auth

As Markus mentioned we support 2.) in uPort. In almost all cases there is
some kind of information that is asked for, in particular for on-boarding.
In the case of an ethereum app that information could be as simple as an
ethereum address, in more traditional use cases name and email.

I'm also a bit confused about the difference between the authentication and
authorization for decentralized apps (and I've been working with http
authentication and authorization for 25+ years).

In most cases authorization is handled by your locally controlled key pair
accessing something on a blockchain or other decentralized resource. That
said we are not in a fully decentralized world yet, so we still need
authorization for certain kinds of endpoints. But in a fully decentralized
app, both are in some respects just a convenience for presenting a Web 2.0
like front end for a Web 3.0 like back end.

Many hybrid/regulated apps will also want to ask for Verified Credentials
as part of their Authentication flow, which complicates things a bit more
than the old http definition of 401 vs 403.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Dennis Yurkevich <dennis@mediaiqdigital.com

--
*Pelle Brændgaard // uPort Engineering Lead*
pelle.braendgaard@consensys.net