Re: Why did the PGP Web of Trust fail?

> On 20 Jun 2018, at 22:02, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The to date only provably scalable trust scheme I'm aware of is the "four corner model" used by banks.
>
> That is, clients trust their respectively banks which in turn trust each other.
>
> A down-side of that model is that it is hard to combine with end-2-end security.

That sounds like my proposal for an institutional web of trust illustrated
in the attached picture, but also described in more detail in the section
"A Socio Technical Implementation Proposal"
of this article
https://medium.com/cybersoton/from-digital-sovereignty-to-the-web-of-nations-61fbc28d79cd#b014

Here it is more declarative, and more flexible (as it can work at different levels including individual), but we have a peer to peer web of nations, that funds a large part of the legal trust that the institutions we rely on.

Henry