Re: DID Use Case: Public Pointers to Private Data

This is very similar, if not the same, as the HIE of One self-sovereign
technology stack which combines DID and UMA. The public pointer to private
data is a service endpoint in the DID document that can also include public
credentials. UMA resolves the public pointer to an Authorization Server
(AS) that inspects the credentials of the requesting party prior to issuing
an ocap-style authorization token to the requesting party's client that is
used to access the private data. I believe no new standards are needed for
this to work.

The correlation issue comes up if multiple DIDs use the same AS endpoint.
Various techniques can be used to make correlation more difficult but It's
not clear to me what is preferred. Some of these issues are being discussed
in the DIF but I have not seen a good reference of the current state. Can
someone on this list that is more familiar with the DIF progress point us
to the relevant doc(s)?

I don't understand Christopher's "consent proof" point in this context.

Adrian

--

Adrian Gropper MD

PROTECT YOUR FUTURE - RESTORE Health Privacy!
HELP us fight for the right to control personal health data.
DONATE: https://patientprivacyrights.org/donate-3/