Re: Call for Focal DID Use Cases

 Hi Samantha, Steven

Validbook is the attempt to solve Gordian knot of issues that you point to.

Please see description of Validbook idea here -
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2018May/0024.html

The key point in regards to solving these issues is to align interests of
service providers with the interests of users. Validbook provides the
solution to do this - by creating and distributing Kudos.
This alignment makes possible to achieve end-to-end encryption, ownership
over data, fix too-high-engagement issue with social networks, etc.
Technically these issues are not that difficult to fix.

--Bohdan