Re: Ideas about DID explanation

 Anti-coercion functionality is a very interesting feature set.   Every bank has an employee manual that includes what to do if they, or a significant other, is kidnapped. Usually, it’s the use of an alternate password that allows any transaction to happen... but closely monitored, while the authorities are alerted.    If you’re going to “be your own bank”, it’s going to need a new kind of security.   It’s probably too complex to include in v1.0, but it’s definitely worth   redteaming and   brainstorming something that will support easier rollback for transactions.

 In our case, maybe something like a “coercion signal” password could be set up, that could trigger special functionality in the affected system, while alerting authorities to track the device and intercept its location. Then, if a VC from the correct law enforcement agency is included, the transaction could be entirely rolled back or otherwise mitigated. So our goal should not to be to solve the entire problem, but make it possible for systems relying on DIDs to implement potential countermeasures to not only coercion, but ransomware and phishing as well.

 Anyway, +1 for Emmanuel!

 Moses

-

Moses Ma | FutureLab Consulting Inc

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com |   moses@ngenven.com

v  +1.415.952.7888 (tel:+1.415.952.7888)  | m  +1.415.568.1068 (tel:+1.415.568.1068)  | skype mosesma