Re: The United Humans investment offer

From: Philipp Schmidt <ps1@media.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 13:31:21 -0500
To: Steven Rowat <steven_rowat@sunshine.net>
Cc: Adam Lake <alake@digitalbazaar.com>, public-credentials@w3.org
On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:42 AM Steven Rowat

> But I believe a line should be drawn at marketing aimed *at* the
> group, ie., solicitation of investment in a project.
>
> But even there I think it's fair to announce a project that looks for
> such investment *once* to the group, so at least we're aware of what's
> happening.

I agree with the sentiment, but differ on some of the details.

Project announcements seem useful if the projects build on the standards
discussed here, regardless of their commercial or non-commercial nature.

Asking for investments as part of the announcement does not usefully
advance the discussion of the standards.

And one additional point:

Disregarding well-meaning suggestions for collaboration and continuing to
promote a personal project is a waste of everyone’s time.

My 2c...