Re: Ideas about DID explanation

On 2018-12-09 19:10, Jordan, John CITZ:EX wrote:
> Anders ... That is a Canadian private sector organization with a particular offering in the identity space.

Thanx, good to know.

> Provincial governments in Canada are the primary identity providers and are working towards interoperability via the Pan Canadian Trust Framework (https://github.com/canada-ca/PCTF-CCP).

I tried to decrypt it and sure looks very ambitious.
In France, I'm proposing way simpler stuff.  A difference to Canada is that identity never really made it as an agenda item in France, it was outsourced to consultants who came up with an SSO scheme. Unfortunately this system is based on Human name + Sex + Date-of-bith as identifier which of course breaks when people change name due to marriage etc.

There is a bunch of people trying to influence the government to adopt the Estonian system:
https://www.french-road.fr/
IMO, they are on the wrong track because the core of the Estonian and Scandinavian system is not really ID-cards, but a registry holding all citizen and residents.
I guess such a thing would be a big NO-NO in Canada.

The fact is that France already have three citizen registers, one for passports/id-cards, another for health-insurance and (of course...) one for taxation.

I'm proposing uniting these.  Very "popular" suggestion... :-)

I'm also working on a universal ID-client
https://cyberphone.github.io/doc/mobile-id/
since it seems rather pointless that every identity provider build their own.

Anders