Re: Ideas about DID explanation

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 09:03:28 +0100
To: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>, Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Cc: Andrew Hughes <andrewhughes3000@gmail.com>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Daniel Hardman <daniel.hardman@evernym.com>
Hi Guys,

For me working in the other end of the identity conundrum [1] it would still be interesting knowing if there is (or could be) a "union" between these opposing universes.

Although I'm personally heavy into innovation [2], I find that schemes that requires "total rewrite of everything" tend to go nowhere.

Basic question: How could an existing government system using centrally issues tax numbers gradually adopt DIDs?

thanx,
Anders

1] https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmhUDQ0Od0GTgWnVtlfN9jTPx1LR
2] https://cyberphone.github.io/doc/two-visions-4-mobile-payments.pdf