Re: Ideas about DID explanation

Well, the spec text says:

> (section 3.1) The term DID refers only to the identifier conforming to the
> did rule in the ABNF below...

(section 4) If a DID is the index key in a key-value pair, then the DID
> Document is the value to which the index key points. The combination of a
> DID and its associated DID Document forms the root record for a
> decentralized identifier.

 And the key paragraph might be:

> (section 3) A DID is similar to a UUID except: (a) like a URL, it can be
> resolved or dereferenced to a standard resource describing the entity (a
> DID Document—see Section 4. DID Documents ), and (b) unlike a URL, the DID
> Document typically contains cryptographic material that enables
> authentication of an entity associated with the DID.

Paraphrasing: "A DID is an identifier for an entity. A DID Document
describes that specific entity. The entity is known as the DID Subject"

Having typed all that, i'm unsure it if should go into the explainer text -
because it is stated clearly in the spec text and is quite detailed and
intricate.

However:  'includes' is incorrect according to the spec text. 'Associated'
is much more correct.
andrew.

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP

o  +1 650.209.7542