Re: "Decentralized Identifiers": Bitcoin Cargo-Culture and Land Grabbing for the Top Level Names

On 04/09/2018 12:02 PM, Jordan, John CITZ:EX wrote:
> For example, government (which I work for), underpins the economy by
>  being the source of truth for identity (both persons and legal
> entities) and setting the ground rules (e.g. laws) for economic
> activity. Our incentives are quite different and not a source of
> revenue but an enabling prerequisite to a functioning economy.

Yes, this is a great point.

On 04/09/2018 01:08 PM, Challener, David C. wrote:
> Frankly, I personally am very interested in having a list of public
> keys that I can use automatically in emails.  I don’t really care if
> I have a non-correlatable key with each person I talk to.  Just being
> able to have conversations that are known to be private would be a
> BIG plus.

+1 ... and we're very close to being able to provide this across
multiple DID Methods. I'd expect we'll be able to do a live test of this
sort of functionality this year (I know we'll support this use case in
Veres One, for instance).

The challenge here will be upgrading existing email clients to support
the feature.

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches