Re: HTML Metadata and Decentralized Identifiers

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 at 01:03 Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> On 09/28/2017 10:28 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> > WIP: https://github.com/insideout10/wordlift-plugin/issues/591
> >
> > consideration i'm still thinking about is about the merit of perhaps
> > schema.org/claim <http://schema.org/claim>
>
> -1 to schema.org/claim (or schema.org/credential and any other items in
> the VC data model for that matter) ... we're targeting using 'claim' in
> the Verifiable Claims work and would prefer not to have a term clash
> with the schema.org @context as we see them being used together.

noting: https://w3c.github.io/vc-data-model/

seeAlso: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-odrl/2017Sep/0000.html

Is it not a situation that is similar to FOAF vs. Schema (or others that
have "person" specified, for instance)?  consideration thereafter; we need
to end-up with support for sameAs?

I envisage this may be increasingly important for non-english speaking
regions. therein; I envisage localisation of ontologies in future; with
means to increasingly support sameAs look-up; as to ensure improved support
for decentralisation.

Thoughts?

Tim.h.