P.S.: https://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11/

From: Henry Andrews<mailto:henry@cloudflare.com>
Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎September‎ ‎24‎, ‎2017 ‎7‎:‎49‎ ‎PM
To: Adam Sobieski<mailto:adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Cc: public-credentials@w3.org<mailto:public-credentials@w3.org>, public-linked-json@w3.org<mailto:public-linked-json@w3.org>

Note that since the JSON Schema / JSON Hyper-Schema project re-launched and began producing drafts roughly every six months again, we have include JSON Reference in the JSON Schema Core specification rather than continuing with it as an outside concept.  That is why the last JSON Reference draft is so old.

This doesn't mean that someone else couldn't pick up JSON Reference as a stand-alone specification.  It was just more useful for us to put some limits on how it is used in the context of JSON Schema, which meant it was specified enough for our purposes within the JSON Schema Core spec.

Somewhat related: we may be reviving the Relative JSON Pointer proposal, btw (whether separately or as part of one of our specs is not entirely clear yet).  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-luff-relative-json-pointer-00

thanks,
-henry