Re: Rename "DDO" to "DID Document"... avoid acronyms

On 09/19/2017 05:59 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

[snip]

> "What does a DID point to?"
> "It points to a DID Document, which describes more about the DID."
>
> That feels better than having to expand and then explain what a DDO is.
> Thoughts?

That's better except that we should be saying:

"...which describes more about the entity the DID identifies."

We keep saying "about the DID" or "authenticate as the DID" as shorthand
for "about the entity the DID identifies" and "authenticate as the
entity the DID identifies" and I think that can also lead to confusion.
If that's too much of a mouthful, we could say "DID entity" rather than
"the entity the DID identifies".

I think "DID Description" was somewhat flawed for similar reasons ...
it's not a description about the DID. It's a description about the
entity the DID identifies. So I'm happier with "DID Document". It's a
document that describes the entity the DID identifies.

--
Dave Longley
CTO