Re: Verifiable Claims expiration

Maybe we should ask Manu, as the definition is not complete.

My thought is that for commercial attestations –– like a bank's
reference to a rental agency checking a prospective renter's credit to
offer proof of existence of a savings account ––  or a professional
certification like a nursing qualification, the default is more likely
one year. Diplomas and news reports that attempt to set "objective
truth" should default to "never expire". So I think we need to set up
some global constants that reflect this variation.

By the way, on the topic of selective disclosure, the example of a bank
offering a balance check for a prospective renter is useful. It would
make sense for the bank to issue a single VC, with varying levels of
information for different reviewers - the rental agency doing check
usually receives a statement like "the subject has had a savings account
with us for seven years with a modest four figure average balance", but
a credit card company will want more info like "the subject opened a
savings account with us on 9/23/2009 and has had an average balance of
$4500 and 3 overdrafts over the last 12 months".

Moses

--

*Moses Ma | Partner*

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com | moses@ngenven.com

v+1.415.568.1068 | skype mosesma

FutureLab provides strategy, ideation and technology for breakthrough
innovation.

earn more at www.futurelabconsulting.com.

Or whet your appetite by reading /Agile Innovation/
<http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Innovation-Revolutionary-Accelerate-Engagement/dp/B00SSRSZ9A>
and /Soulful Branding/
<http://www.amazon.com/Soulful-Branding-Unlock-Hidden-Company/dp/1515114414>
by FutureLab experts.